Monday, May 13, 2013

Star Wars Galazy nails...a bit late

So it's been about 2 weeks since May 4th (Star Wars Days)...ugh.
The past couple of weeks have been crazy...it happens...I'm sorry for being absent.
Even though it is late I thought I would show you the galaxy nails I did in honor of Star Wars Day.

Not the best galaxy ever, but seeing as though I did it in under an hour (on both hands) I'm pretty impressed.  I also stamped the Jedi (Imperial Era) seal on my ring finger from my MJ XIV plate.  You can't really tell from the pictures but the purple (Sinful Colors) is much darker and metallic, so it had a really interesting depth.  The yellow I used (Pure Ice) was also metallic, enough to show through the neon green jelly (Spoiled) I sponged over it.  I used a dotting tool for the large stars and for the finer "stars/space dust" I used an old toothbrush dipped in slightly watered down white acrylic paint and splattered my nails (you run your finger across the bristles), but it was a little too watered down....they dried a little transparent. 
Overall I think they turned out great! I really need to practice my galaxy skillz.  For a good tutorial head over to Coewless' YouTube channel for her awesome videos!
I hope to get back to regular posting asap.  Happy Monday y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment