Thursday, April 18, 2013

Paint it Purple for Boston

As I mentioned in my last post - there was a post going around Instagram to paint your nails purple (on Tuesday) in honor of the victims and all around horribleness of the Boston Marathon bombing.  I intended to post this yesterday, but I got too busy.  If you follow me on Instagram you have already seen this.

I used 2 coats of Color Club's Eternal Beauty and stamped with Konad White using BM-321.  Eternal Beauty must have a really strong pigment because it turned the Konad white light purple after about 5 min. The B (my best try at the Boston Red Sox logo) was done with white acrylic paint as well as the big ribbon....is also turned light purple!  I accented everything with a sliver glitter striper paint.

I am still in awe that something like this could happen at such a non-political event.  It hurts my heart to know that so many where injured and the life of a young boy was lost for no good reason.  It will never make sense to me...ever...why people do this kind of thing.  Please continue to pray for the city of Boston and the people and families effected. 

Also, you might have heard, there was a massive explosion in West, Texas yesterday evening.  It devastated the entire city and caused an earthquake felt up to 50 miles away. I live in Houston, southwest Texas, and as a Texan everyone is family.  This catastrophe, in the wake of Boston, is just too much.  Prayers and positive thoughts to my fellow Texans today as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment