Friday, April 19, 2013

China Glaze Textures - Swatch and Review Bump & Grind and In the Rough

This is going to be a long and picture heavy post....FYI
I only bought 2 polishes from this collection...mainly because I'm not completely sold on the texture trend. 
First up is Bump & Grind - a semi matte fuchsia/rose texture polish.
This is 2 coats of Bump & Grind.  This was the first time I'd used a texture polish and I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to apply and control.  It went on very even and dried pretty quick - it is kind of hard to tell when it is "dry."  I was concerned about the wearing power since I didn't use a top coat, but after moving boxes and digging in files at work all day I had no chips! Surprisingly durable.

In the Rough is a light green semi matte texture polish that leans more towards yellow (not neon or lime green). 

This is 2 coats of In the Rough.  It was just as easy to work with as Bump & Grind.  I felt like this one took a little longer to dry, but I can't say for sure.  The close up on the left shows the texture (it looks slime lime green in that pic, but it's really not!) The close up of my thumb shows it with a thin coat of IMN Northern Lights on top.  I wanted to see if a thin coat would take away the texture - it did a little, but not enough to really notice.  I like the added sparkle!

Both polishes are great!  If you are lovin' this texture rage then definitely grab a couple of these.  They aren't completely matte.  If you look you can see gloss, but since there is so much texture it makes it look semi matte.  The texture isn't "sharp" but will catch in your hair or attract rouge cat hairs.  Removal is on par with a heavy glitter polish.  I might recommend using the soak off method - it also keeps down the amount of leftover grit.  This line launches in Sally's stores in May and retail for about $7 (I got lucky and found a store that had already put them out).  I also found the new Orly FX line of textured polishes....which I will show you one tomorrow!
Are you liking the textured polish craze?



No comments:

Post a Comment