Saturday, April 20, 2013

Orly FX - Black Pixel - Swatch and Review

When I found the China Glaze Texture polishes I showed you yesterday I also spied Orly's FX texture collection.  I had no idea they were coming out with a texture line...I haven't seen anything about it in the blogosphere...have you?
Anywho, I was intrigued to see how Orly's textures compare to China Glaze.
Black Pixel is a black texture polish with micro silver glitter mixed in for added sparkle.
This is 2 coats of Black Pixel.  I found this polish to be a little more on the runny side than the China Glaze Textures, but still manageable.  The texture is pretty fine and not "sharp."  The only issue I had with application/clean up is that if you need to clean up your lines it doesn't want to come off.  It doesn't necessarily stain your skin, rather it turns "gooey" and just sticks there...along with little gritty pieces.  Not bad just weird.  Those little gritty pieces stick in your cuticles and don't want to budge.  I will say that this polish is very prone to chipping.  In less than 12 hours my corners were already worn/chippedRemoval for all the texture polishes I have tried are on par to removing glitter...I might recommend using a soak off method so you don't have as much left over grit to contend with.

Overall I like this one.  I kinda reminds me of skateboard deck tape...ha!  The rest of the collection is really nice.  I need to go back and get the sandy/champagne color for some future beach nail art mani's.  Orly is available at Sally's for about $9.
Hope you are having a great weekend!!



No comments:

Post a Comment