Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Nail Art Challenge Day 7 - Ugly Christmas Sweater

Today's challenge (by Nicole) is ugly Christmas Sweater. 
A few weeks ago I saw Chelsea's (from The Nail Network) Christmas sweater nails and since then I knew I wanted to try my hand at them for today's challenge.  This is a very stamp heavy manicure and it was definitely a challenge. 
Pop on over to Chelsea's blog to see hers....which are definitely better executed.

I love this design....just wish I had been smart enough to think of it myself. 
It most certainly would have come out better if I had been using "special" white polish.  Instead I used Sally Hansen Whirlwind White...until it got way to gloppy (really old) so I switched to White On.  Both are good alternatives to the Konad special polish...just in case you were wondering.I used a mix of Bundle Monster and Konad brand plates for this mani.  I didn't write them all down but I'm sure you can figure it out if you have them.
I also wanted to quick show you the base and top coat I used.  I randomly bought the Sally Hansen Acrylic Gel treatment, that I use for a base coat, and I love it!!  It makes my nails strong and keeps them from breaking...my nails are finally long at the same time.  I have also switched to Sally Hansen Insta-Dri top coat.  For me it dries almost as fast as Seche Vite, it doesn't blur stamps, and doesn't have the ridiculous shrinkage and chipping.  It makes my polish last for days and yields a super high shine.  If you are looking for a new base and top coat combo you might give these a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment