Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Ulta Blue Streak and Vivid Lacquer plate VL004

Today I wanted to show you a mani using Ulta "Blue Streak"
This is the first Ulta polish I've used and I'm pretty happy with it.  In the bottle and on the nail it is a bright royal blue - very similar/dupe to every swatch I've seen of Essie's Butler Please.  I dont have Butler Please yet, but I will try and do a comparison swatch soon. 
This is two coats of Blue Streak.  The formula is nice on this polish.  The first coat when on nicely with some bald spots but the second coat fixed everything.  It dries normal to quick with a glossy finish.  I have one coat of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Top coat (red bottle) in this photo.
After 2 days I started to get some tip wear and decided to stamp over it to prolong my mani.
I decided to used one of my new plates from Vivid Lacquer.
If you haven't tried one of Anni's plates you need to.  I now have 3 and love them!!
I used China Glaze Adore to stamp the knit pattern with. 
And just for funzies I used Hard Candy "Mattely In Love" over top to mattify the mani.
By the way VividLacquer's full nail images are huge!!  I have long nail beds with just alittle length and these fit no problem.  The only full nail image on this plate that isn't big enough is the butterfly wing (it will only fit on my ring and pinky finger, but you can always free hand some extra black around it).  Here is a demo of all the images on this plate (stamped with Adore on a paper towel)
You will notice that the full nail images are not completely on here because my stamper wasn't big enough to pick up the whole image...and it's the large Konad stamper!  All the images are crisp and clear (bluring and smears are user error...eek).  The city scape is the only one you will need to be careful not to over scrape.  Doesnt that TV look like the one Zooey Deshanel had on her nails at one of those awards shows?  Im in love with this knit print....but I love to knit and crochet so of course I would be!!


No comments:

Post a Comment