Monday, March 11, 2013

NOTD: "Lucky Me" Cheetah

First off - Welcome new followers!!  I would like to thank the lovely Gwenn for giving my little corner of the interwebz a shout out. Please go visit and share the love on her blog Sweet Sugar .

Now on to today's post.  I recently grabbed a set of Glow-in-the-Dark neon mini's from PolishMeToGo and wanted to show you one of them called "Lucky Me"
Lucky Me is a bright neon green glow-in-the-dark polish...much more bright and neon in real life.  I used two coats of white "undies" (you can order a white polish made for these GITD polishes on the site or use your own)  and 2 coats of Lucky Me for full coverage.  The polish is a little on the thicker side but still very easy to work with.  It dries pretty quick with a matte finish. 
I wanted to add something to it so it would have a fun pattern for it to glow through...so I stamped the heart cheetah pattern from my Bunny Nails HD2 plate using Wet 'n Wild Black Creme.  I topped the whole thing off with a coat of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri top coat (red bottle).
Ready for the fun part?
I only "charged" my nails for maybe a minute under my lamps and they glowed so bright in the pitch dark for a while.  It was funny when I got into bed...my hubs was like "what is that...are your hands glowing? (I could hear his eyes roll)" It also kinda freaked out the cat....I was petting her (she perches on my hip at night) and she kept following my fingers like she wasn't sure to attack or let the weird glow things keep petting her.  Ha!
This was my first purchase from PolishMeToGo and I am very pleased.  They came quickly and very securely wrapped.  Definitely head over and check out the store or look her up on instagram @polishmetogo
Hope everyone is adjusting better to the time change than I am...Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment