Monday, November 12, 2012

Boop-oop-a-dupe

My apologies in advance on how slap-dash this post is.
I stumbled across a polish a couple weeks ago on the Llarowe website and my jaw about hit the floor.  Its a Clarins 230 / Fantasy Fire (aka Unicorn pee) dupe.
Say What??!!??
Nail Pattern Boldness makes a polish called "Boop-oop-a-dupe" that has almost the same flash and fire that we have all be lusting after in Clarins 230 and Fantasy Fire.
In the bottle it doesn't look like anything other than a pink shimmer....it lies!
Since the swatch pics on the Llarowe site had it over Revlon Royal I decided to do the same just for my own comparison sake. 
Here is 2 coats of Royal by itself.  There is a slight VNL (visible nail line) but I was in a hurry and I figured with what was about to happen it wouldn't really matter.  Ready?

Bam! (please excuse dry cuticles - I ran out of my reg remover and had to use straight acetone and was without cream or oil...yikes!!)

Yea sorry for the crappy cell pics, but it was a crazy busy day and a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.  These pics really dont show the full range of this polish.  It has a dramatic shift from pinks, purples, blues, greens and golds.  I could not stop looking at my nails all day. 
I used one coat of Seche Vite (even though I hate the shrinkage factor and the chip the next day factor...grr) to speed of the dry time.  Only drawback of this mani....Revlon Royal's crazy
staining.  I had never worn Royal before so I had no idea.  It's like a blue pen exploded on my hands....inky blue everywhere the second a nano drop of remover touched it.  Has this happened to anyone else? I love the color but I'm hesitant to wear it again.
Anywho, I would strongly recommend Boop-oop-a-dupe to anyone that cannot get their hands on Clarins 230 or Fantasy Fire.
One day I'll get around to doing a proper swatch of this polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment